- BlueStep was established in late 2004 and commenced operations in April 2005.
BlueStep was originally funded by Wholesale bank funding and completed its first term Securitisation in late 2006.
Bluestep Finans AB was granted a Credit Markets Company license from the Swedish FSA to allow it to take deposits and grant loans in Sweden.
- In February 2008, BlueStep was sold by the founding shareholders to the partners of Bregal Capital LLC.
- In October 2008 BlueStep launched retail deposit products to private individuals in Sweden and this is a significant source of funding for BlueStep.
- In 2010 the mortgage lending business was introduced in Norway.
- In 2011 the personal unsecured loan business was launched in the Swedish market.
- In 2012 Spring Finance was launched as a brand under which BlueStep offers personal unsecured loans.
In November 2013 BlueStep completed its second term Securitisation (SEK2.5bn STEP 2).
In February 2015 BlueStep completed the acquisition of the Loan & Deposit Administration business of Cerdo Bankpartner AB.
In January 2015 BlueStep applied for a banking license to gain direct access to the Swedish payments infrastructure in order to assist with the ongoing and future product developments.
In May 2015 BlueStep completed its third term Securitisation (SEK3.3bn STEP 3).
In October 2016 BlueStep received full EU-wide bank license.
In March 2017 BlueStep completed its fourth term Securitisation (SEK3bn STEP 4).
- In November 2017, BlueStep Bank was acquired by the EQT VII fund.
BlueStep has grown steadily in Sweden and Norway since launching and is the leading non-conforming mortgage lender in Sweden and Norway and outside of the traditional banks one of the largest providers of saving accounts.